Important: Turn on the Crestron first before starting Panopto!
Follow the steps below to use Lecture Capture mode in your classroom:
1. Touch the bottom of the screen on the Crestron to begin.
2. On the Crestron, touch the Lecture Capture Mode to turn on the projector and camera.
3. On the Crestron, choose Podium PC. Now you will see your desktop on the projector.
4. Log in to my USF.
5. Launch Canvas.
6. Choose your class.
7. Click on Panopto on the left menu bar.
8. Choose to create a session.
9. Record a new session and launch recorder.
10. Choose “Panopto Recorder” and click OK.
11. For video, choose AVerMedia HD Capture 1.
12. For audio, choose AVerMedia HD Audio Cap (AVerMed).
13. Now, you should see your camera on the left. When you are ready to record, click on the red Record button.
14. To end the recording, click “STOP”.
15. Upload to the server, add new session, upload new session. (Note: it may take time to upload the video. Once the video is “Processing” you may close the screen and log out.)
16. To view your video choose the view link on the right.
17. Now you and your students should be able to view your video online!