Conduct Standards and Policies
- All Fitness Center users must be current USF Sarasota-Manatee students with a valid USF ID card.
- Individuals who present false identification or whose ID is presented by another person may forfeit Fitness Center privileges. False identifications will be confiscated.
- Student Life reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
- All policies outlined in the University of South Florida Student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- All Fitness Center users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse, misuse of the facility and its equipment, or disregard for the Center’s policies and staff will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action and suspension.
- USF Sarasota-Manatee is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pets are not permitted inside the facility, except approved service animals.
- Participants may not use or be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs in the Fitness Center.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited inside the facility.
- Food and chewing gum is prohibited in the Fitness Center.
- Only spill-proof water bottles are allowed inside the Fitness Center.
- Close-toed, non-marking athletic shoes and shirts are required at all times.
General Fitness Policies
- Shirts or tank tops must be worn. Jeans, jean shorts, clothing with metal pieces and accessories, open-toe or slip-on shoes are not permitted.
- Attire resulting in indecent exposure is not permitted.
- Clean towels are highly encouraged for personal use.
- Thoroughly clean equipment before and after each use.
- Use of personal equipment is not permitted.
- Cell phone use is not permitted while using equipment.
- Bags of any kind (backpacks, equipment/workout bags, purses, etc.) are not permitted in the fitness areas.
- Single use lockers are available in the restroom area located next to Jonathan’s Café..
- USF Sarasota-Manatee is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Only spill-proof water bottles permitted in fitness areas.
- Chewing gum and tobacco use of any kind is not permitted in any fitness area.
Participants are expected to use equipment for its intended purposes and maintain safety at all times. Everyone is expected to respect the policies. Any accidents or injuries must be reported immediately. Use equipment at your own risk.
Fitness Cardio Policies
- During peak hours, (Monday – Friday 5-9pm) use of cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes per machine.
- All footwear must be dry and free of dirt before participating.
- Use ‘Gym Wipes’ to thoroughly clean equipment before and after each use.