*Please note: the Fitness Center is currently undergoing construction and will reopen in Fall 2016.
Come workout in our new Fitness Center! Fully equipped with free weights, cardiovascular machines and multi-station gym equipment.
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., Sat. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Closed Sunday
Policies & Procedures
- No person under the age of 17 years old will be allowed to enter the facility.
- Proper workout gear, including towel, is required at all times (NO JEANS, NO SANDALS).
- All drinks must be in a sealed container. No food is permitted.
- As a courtesy for other members, please re-rack weights in fitness center and return equipment after use.
- Refrain from using cell phones on machines.
- Lockers are provided for daily use only.
- Respect the equipment. Do not drop or slam weights or machines.
- You are advised to leave valuables at home, as USFSM is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Failure to abide by these rules and regulations may result in suspension or revocation of admittance. Violation may also face University disciplinary actions.
- Any Member of the Office of Student Engagement reserves the right to deny admittance or participation to anyone at any time.
- Respect others and always enjoy the Fitness Center!
Assumption of Risk Statement
Participation in Recreation/Intramural and Fitness Center programs is completely voluntary. Individuals participate at their own risk and assume responsibility for their own health and safety. The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee and the Office of Student Engagement are not liable for injuries sustained during participation in a Recreation/Intramural and Fitness Center-sponsored activity. It is strongly recommended that all participants consult a physician and/or have a physical exam prior to participation. The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee does not provide personal accident/health insurance. Therefore, participants are urged to secure their own insurance. You may suffer physical and/or mental injury from participating in these activities.