The USFSM Student Showcase for Projects, Research, and Innovation is an opportunity for USFSM students to present academic work, learn from peers, and network with USFSM Faculty members. Academic projects, research experiments, innovative ideas, or visual/performing arts (music, drama, dance) from any USFSM college (CLASS, CSM, COB, CHTL) are eligible for consideration. Graduate and undergraduate students from all USFSM Colleges are encouraged to submit an abstract describing their research results or art project. The submission of team projects is welcomed.
- Fall 2018: Select a USFSM Faculty Member as a mentor and begin project.
- Friday, February 8, 2019: Last day to notify the showcase committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) of intent to submit an abstract.
- Abstract submission for the 2019 Showcase is now closed. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
- Friday, March 8, 2019: Students notified of acceptance, presentation type, and presentation time by this date.
- Week of March 25: Writing and Presentation Workshops for accepted applicants.
- Friday, April 5, 2019: Showcase will be held throughout the day (~9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) in Selby Auditorium.
Any USFSM undergraduate or graduate student can apply.
To participate, students must be registered in the Spring 2018 semester.
USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg, and Mote Marine students may participate if they have USFSM Faculty sponsor their work; these students will be judged in a separate category, “Affiliate Institutions,” and can only be eligible for merit awards.
Applicants must have a USFSM mentor to sponsor their submission.
Submit Your Work
All submissions require a 250-word abstract. A panel of faculty reviewers will evaluate submissions based on the project’s significance within its academic discipline. Examples of judging rubrics can be found on the "Submissions and Guidelines" page. Based on these reviews, the panel will select and invite students to present their work as a poster or oral presentation.
Topics Eligible for Submission
Communication Sciences & Disorders
Curriculum & Instruction
Information Systems/Decision Sciences
Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
Mathematics & Statistics
Professional & Technical Communication
Types of Projects Accepted
Applied Projects & Applied Research
Mixed Methods Research
News Media Projects
Performance Projects (music, drama, dance)
Service and Leadership Projects
Awards (Pending Funding)
Travel awards may be granted to outstanding students.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for supporting the Student Showcase for Projects, Research, and Innovation: