The Office of Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) works alongside the business, education and non-profit sectors of the community to provide continuing education courses and certificates for the working professional and adult learner. Online and face-to-face programs, events and workshops provide learning opportunities that meet the professional development needs of learners in a variety of career fields. Upon completion, participants earn continuing education units from USF Sarasota-Manatee in courses and programs that are accessible, affordable and that advance career goals.
PACE works in collaboration with community arts organizations in the state of Florida, and the Center for PAInT (Partnerships in Arts Integrated Teaching) to offer professional development in arts integrated teaching for school district teachers seeking to develop an arts integrated focus to the curriculum.
Offering a Course
In order to provide staff development to help professionals stay up-to-date on the latest teaching methods, curriculum and technologies, we invite organizations nationwide to offer professional development opportunities through PACE at USFSM.
If you wish to teach a course, please complete the Submit a Course Proposal and Syllabus. All requests are reviewed and approved through the USF Sarasota-Manatee Office of PACE.
Instructors will receive:
- A stipend of $50 per face to face session ($400 for an eight-week class; $300 for a six-week class, etc.);
- A one time stipend of $550 for online course content readily available electronically (videos, e-materials, etc.) for self-paced online delivery;
- Resources such as instructional designers, course marketing and beautiful USFSM site for teaching;
- Ability to partner with USFSM to offer Continuing Education units and Professional Development opportunities for professionals;
- And, the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge and expertise with eager adult learners!
You may also request a customized course or event for your business or school. Our office will provide content experts to help facilitate the instruction needed to help advance learning in your field.
- The cost of customized courses or workshops is $2250 per course which includes the development of materials and curriculum, instructional designer and course/workshop instructor.
All requests are reviewed and approved through the USF Sarasota-Manatee Office of PACE.
Course Delivery Formats
Courses are available through a variety of formats to offer students flexible options. Refer to each course’s description in our catalog to determine the format of the course you wish to take. We offer online, face-to-face and combination course formats.