Welcome to USFSM!
Now that you have been admitted, your next step is to sign up for an Orientation session. Completion of the Orientation is mandatory for undergraduate students newly admitted to USF.
Orientation Consists of Two Sections:
- General Orientation Session – Transfer students may complete the General Orientation either online, or in-person. Orientation will provide university and academic information, as well as financial aid and student information specific to USF Sarasota-Manatee. If you attend an in-person general Orientation session, you will also have the opportunity to meet fellow students and get to know USF Sarasota-Manatee staff members.
- Newly Admitted Student Appointment – You will meet with your academic advisor to plan for your major, and select your first semester courses
|Summer Orientation Dates||Fall Orientation Dates|
|April 22, 2015
|June 17, 2015
July 15, 2015
August 18, 2015
New Transfer Student Checklist
We recommend that you begin these steps as soon as possible after admission:
Step 1: Obtain your NetID and make sure you can login to your USF email account. You will need your U#. Be sure to start checking your USF email, regularly, to stay current with all communications being sent by the University.
Step 2: Register for your General Orientation Session by clicking on the link, above.
- You will receive a receipt of registration at your email address within two business days of your registration submission.
- Make sure your home campus is USF Sarasota-Manatee. Only USF Sarasota-Manatee students can fulfill their Orientation requirement on the Sarasota-Manatee campus.
- Make sure you have been admitted for the upcoming term.
- If you need to update your campus or admissions term (term of entry), please fill out anApplication Update Form and fax or email it to USF Sarasota-Manatee Admissions at (941) 359-4236. email@example.com.
Step 3:.Register for your Newly Admitted Student Appointment here. (For instructions, see below)
Step 4: Complete both the General Session and Newly Admitted Student Appointment
Step 5: Submit the required immunization information.
Step 6: Register for courses! You will register for your courses in OASIS. You can either register from home once you have completed the steps, above, or immediately following the in-person Orientation.
If you do not submit the required immunization information, you will NOT be able to register for courses.
Our in-person Orientation session gives you the opportunity to meet with USFSM staff members and interact with student organizations. The general Orientation session lasts approximately 3 hours. Due to space constraints, we ask that guests not attend unless necessary, maximum 2 guests per student (guests are an additional fee). Please be sure to indicate how many guests (in addition to yourself) that will be attending the Orientation session on the Orientation Registration form.
You should plan to be on campus on Orientation day for approximately 3 – 5 hours.
If you have not completed your Newly Admitted Student Appointment prior to your Orientation day, you will have the opportunity to do so following the Orientation. After Orientation and your Newly Admitted Student Appointment are complete, you will be given access to register for courses. You will have the opportunity to register for courses immediately following the in-person Orientation with the assistance of the registration and advising staff.
Our online Orientation is designed for you to complete at your own pace. You will receive the same information that you would during the in-person session. One benefit of completing the Orientation online, is that you will become familiar with CANVAS, the online teaching and learning tool which is used for many courses at USFSM. It may take up to two business days to process your Orientation registration, so register early!
You are welcome to complete your Newly Admitted Student Appointment with your advisor before or after you complete the online Orientation session, but keep in mind that you must complete both the online Orientation session and the Newly Admitted Student Appointment before you will receive a registration appointment time (a registration appointment time designates the date and time at which you may begin registering for classes online). Assignment of a registration appointment time can take up to two business days to process, so be sure to complete your Newly Admitted Student Appointment and online Orientation session as soon as possible.
Newly Admitted Student Appointments
Our Newly Admitted Student Appointment is designed to familiarize you with your chosen college and major, as well as introduce you to your academic advisor. Academic advising utilizes small group advising for Newly Admitted Student Appointments. During the appointment, your advisor will:
- Familiarize you with the services academic advising provides
- Discuss the policies and requirements of your major
- Assist with holds that may impede registration
- Discuss how to register for classes and submit permits (if applicable)
- Assist with selecting courses for your first semester
How to Register for your Newly Admitted Student Appointment:
- Click this link to enter the Appointment Scheduling System
- You will need to create a username and password. (please note, this is separate from your netID and password used to create your General Orientation reservation)
- Under the department drop-down list, select “Newly Admitted Student”
- Under Activity, select the college/program you will be entering
- Under Advisor, select an advisor
- Choose any available time slot (available times are shown in white)
- Under Academic Advising Purpose of Appointment, select “Pre-orientation appointment”
- Click Next – you will receive a confirmation of your appointment
If you are in need of accommodations for a disability, please contact Disability Services at (941) 359-4330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements. Requests must be made five working days in advance.