Welcome to USFSM!
Now that you have been admitted, your next step is to sign up for an Orientation session. Completion of Orientation is mandatory for undergraduate students newly admitted to USF and composed of two parts: the general Orientation session (only available in person for incoming freshmen) and a Newly Admitted Student Appointment with your advisor.
All newly admitted undergraduate students who have never taken classes at USF as a degree seeking student must attend Orientation and a Newly Admitted Student Appointment.
Orientation will provide you with university and academic information, as well as financial aid and student affairs information specific to the Sarasota-Manatee campus. If you attend an in-person general Orientation session, you will also have the opportunity to meet fellow students and get to know USF Sarasota-Manatee staff members.
- Obtain your NetID and make sure you can login to your USF email account. You will need your U#. Any information regarding Orientation will be sent to this email account.
- Make sure your home campus is USF Sarasota-Manatee. Only USF Sarasota-Manatee students can fulfill their Orientation requirement on the Sarasota-Manatee campus.
- Make sure you have been admitted for the upcoming term.
- If you need to update your campus or admissions term (term of entry), please fill out this form and fax it to USF Sarasota-Manatee Admissions at (941) 359-4236.
If you do not submit the required immunization information, you will NOT be able to register for courses.
Our in-person Orientation session gives you the opportunity to meet with USFSM staff members and interact with student organizations such as student government. When you register for an in-person Orientation session, you will receive a receipt of registration at your USF email address within two business days of your registration submission. The general Orientation session lasts approximately 2 hours. Due to space constraints, we ask that guests not attend unless necessary, maximum 2 guests per student (guests are an additional fee). Please be sure to indicate how many guests (in addition to yourself) that will be attending the Orientation session on the Orientation Registration form.
You should plan to be on campus on Orientation day for up to a total of 3 1/2 hours.
Our registrar will be available after the general Orientation session and Newly Admitted Student Appointments to assist students in registering for their first set of courses at USF Sarasota-Manatee. Once you get home, you will be able to change your class schedule at any time, as your registration appointment time will have been assigned after you completed your general Orientation session and Newly Admitted Student Appointment.
Newly Admitted Student Appointments
Our Newly Admitted Student Appointment is designed to familiarize you with your chosen college and major, as well as introduce you to your academic advisor. Your advisor will:
- Discuss the policies of your college
- Assist with holds that may impede registration
- Discuss how to register for classes and submit permits (if applicable)
- Assist with selecting courses for your first semester
- Familiarize you with the services academic advising provides
This Newly Admitted Student Appointment will take place immediately following your Orientation session.
If you are in need of accommodations for a disability, please contact Disability Services at (941) 359-4714 or via e-mail at email@example.com for arrangements. Requests must be made five working days in advance.