Learning Support Services provides free tutoring and writing consultations to all actively-enrolled USFSM students. Tutoring is provided for a variety of courses and subjects such as, Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Finance, Math & Statistics, Physics, and Spanish. Students may choose between face-to-face or online tutoring, but must have the necessary technology support for online sessions. For writing consultations, students may choose between face-to-face or asynchronous e-appointments where they upload their documents to their sessions before the session starts and get feedback after an hour. Writing style guides for APA, MLA, Chicago style and other resources are also available under the “Helpful Resources” tab (click to access), on the right top corner under Information Commons.
How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
Making an appointment with our online scheduler is quick and convenient. Please follow these steps, or download our brief text tutorial.
- Go to the scheduler.
- Create an account if this is your first time making an appointment. (This account will be separate from your NetID account.)
- Choose the subject schedule you want to view when you sign in.
- Click on a white space in the schedule to make an appointment. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to change schedules.
- Enter the information requested and click the “Save Appointment” button. You’re done!
Walk-ins are also welcome (drop in at B222). While we can’t guarantee availability without an appointment, we will do our best to accommodate you.
|Need Help Making an Appointment?|
|Learning Support Services
SMD 104 (Modular beside basketball court, behind Jonathan’s Cafe)
|Academic Resource Desk
2nd Floor Main Rotunda
Cancellations and No-Shows
- Students may cancel appointments any time before their tutoring session starts by cancelling it on the scheduler (view instructions for cancelling appointments by clicking on download brief text tutorial) or by calling 941-359-4381 to cancel without penalty; however, we suggest that you cancel appointments as far in advance as possible to make sessions available to other students.
- Appointments are held for 15 minutes after the beginning of the scheduled session after which it is cancelled and made available to students seeking walk-ins.
- Students with three no-shows may be restricted from scheduling new appointments for the remainder of the semester.