How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
Making an appointment with our online scheduler is quick and convenient. If this is your first time making an appointment, please view our short video guide. Or, you can download our brief text tutorial.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Your assignment, instructions, and any information on your course syllabus that covers assignments.
- Everything you have come up with until your appointment: notes, outlines, drafts, research materials, etc.
eTutoring (How it Works)
The following process is also explained in the above tutorial video.
eTutoring appointments are available for writing consultations! When you use WCONLINE to make your appointment, simply select eTutoring from the drop-down menu that appears in the “Meet Online?” field of the appointment details window.
Be sure to attach the paper you need help with when you make your appointment. You can do this two in different ways:
- When given the option immediately after saving your appointment information.
- By clicking on the yellow folder icon that appears under your name (top-left of your screen) when viewing the writing center schedule.
Your consultant will review your paper and then upload a new file with comments to your appointment. You can retrieve it at any time after your scheduled appointment time has passed. Just click on your appointment time in the schedule and it will appear in the appointment details window.
Please note: You do not have to be online for the appointment.
- Face-to-face appointments are held until 10 minutes past the the time of the appointment. After this time, the session will be opened to students seeking a walk-in appointment.
- If you are not able to keep an appointment, please cancel as far in advance as possible (preferably at least 24 hours beforehand).
- If an emergency keeps you from making an appointment, please contact the Information Commons Academic Resource Desk at 941-359-4225.
- Cancellations: To ensure efficient use of available appointment times, students who cancel three appointments, or no-show two appointments, will not be able to schedule new appointments for the remainder of the semester.
Have questions or need a hand making an appointment? Please call or visit the Information Commons Academic Resource Desk! We’re happy to help. (Phone: 941-359-4225)