Canvas Instructor Orientation — This self-paced orientation contains a series of short videos designed to help introduce new instructors to Canvas. If you would like to work through your own Canvas orientation and learn how to navigate the many Canvas features, you may do so here.
Canvas Instructor Guide — All of the Instructure produced Canvas tutorials for instructors can be accessed here. They can also be accessed from your USFSM Canvas dashboard, by clicking on the “Help” link next to your name (in the upper right hand corner of your browser window).
Canvas Instructor Cheatsheet — A handy quick reference guide for all the most commonly used Canvas features and tools.
Publishing Courses in Canvas — A short explanation of when and how courses are automatically published, how publish status affects what students can see and do in a course, and how to change your course’s default publish date.
Mobile Apps for Canvas
Instructure has created several Canvas applications that can be used on a mobile device:
- Canvas for iOS or Canvas for Android — allows teachers and students to view the Canvas activity stream, to-do list, syllabus and more.
- SpeedGrader for iPad — allows teachers to access SpeedGrader to view and grade assignments.
- Polls for iOS or Polls for Android — allows teachers to instantly assess student comprehension with live, in-class polling.
It is recommended that you utilize the Firefox web browser for all eGrade submissions. The eGrades Submission Tutorial provides step-by-step instruction for submitting eGrades both manually and via Gradebook (the Canvas tool for recording grades).
Tutorials & Guides
- diigo – Online research and annotation.
- Google Drive & Docs – Cloud file storage and creation.
- MindMup – Virtual mind mapping.
- Scoop.it – Content curation.
- YouTube – Making and sharing videos.