01Why would students enroll in FUSE?
By enrolling in FUSE, students will have a seamless transition to a USF institution. Degree pathways were designed to ensure that courses completed for the Associate degree will apply towards a USF System institution Bachelor’s degree. The FUSE program gives students a direct, efficient pathway from the FCS institution to a USF System institution.
Who is eligible for FUSE?
Students who are starting community college the first time out of high school can enroll in FUSE. In addition, students who have applied at a USF System institution and were not immediately admitted also have the opportunity to enter FUSE.
What is the criteria for guaranteed admission to USF through FUSE?
• Graduate with an Associate’s degree in two or three years depending on community college
• Achieve a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher depending on the degree
• Meet all requirements of the degree pathway
What is the benefit of enrolling in FUSE?
• Dual academic advising from both the community college and the USF System institution
• Priority course registration
• Guaranteed acceptance into limited access majors, if criteria are met
• Ability to meet specific program requirements when entering a USF System institution degree program.
• Opportunity to attend select events and workshops at USF System institution
Which Florida College System institutions are participating in FUSE?
Fall 2017 – Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College, College of Central Florida, Pasco – Hernando State College, Polk State College, South Florida State College, and State College of Florida