December 7 and 8, 2017
8350 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243
The Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) of the Dept. of State is partnering with USFSM to bring University leaders in international and security programs and vendors in the safety security and insurance areas of private industry to campus for this meeting. It is held every year but always with different topics determined by the planning committee of State Department and University representatives.
The goal is to focus on health, safety and security of our students, faculty and staff traveling and working internationally.
This year, we have several topics which have never been reviewed in but are timely considering the world’s situation:
- Hostage situations
- Survival in an environmental crisis
- Traveling in an area of emerging infectious diseases
- Risks on the Korean Peninsula
- Risks for athletes traveling abroad as well as recruiting international athletes
- Cybersecurity issues for the traveler