Five Things You Thought You Knew… But You Don’t.
Dr. Donna Petersen, Interim Senior Vice President, USF Health, Dean of the College of Public Health and Professor of Global Health at the University of South Florida will discuss tips on personal health and “Five Things You Thought You Knew… But You Don’t.” Petersen earned her masters and doctoral degrees in maternal and child health from the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health. She has held faculty and senior leadership positions at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Public Health, at the University of Minnesota, School of Public Health and served as director of the Division of Family Health at the Minnesota Department of Health.
• How much of your health is in your control?
• Why should you care about your neighbor’s health?
• Why global health matters to you?
• How technology will transform how you access health care and improve your health.
• How USF Health is preparing the health care providers and leaders of the future to protect and promote your health.
– Selby Auditorium