In 2015, USFSM formed the Chancellor’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at USF Sarasota-Manatee. In response to growing concerns in higher education about inclusion, this guiding council exists to ensure USFSM remains on the proactive forefront of best practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This strategic taskforce consists of representatives from all across our vibrant campus community. Together, we assess USFSM’s campus climate, recommend policy and procedural changes, offer trainings and events, and help ensure that this campus vividly demonstrates our deep-rooted commitment to inclusion.
Chair, Dr. Phillip E. Wagner
USFSM is committed to a CLEAR framework for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We strive to develop a more inclusive and respectful campus environment.
- We strive to provide opportunities that facilitate the development and wellbeing of all faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- We strive to support initiatives for the appreciation of cultural differences and engagement of diverse communities.
- We strive to facilitate institutional change that achieves strategic diversity goals.
- We strive to provide leadership and an administrative structure that creates systems of accountability for all diversity work.
- We strive to infuse academic diversity with multicultural knowledge in the general education curriculum, degree programs and specialization areas.
- We strive to include multiple perspectives and styles of pedagogy to prepare students for success in a changing world and an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- We strive to support research on diverse issues and diverse populations.
- Student Affairs
- We strive to enhance the overall student experience, meeting the social, personal and developmental needs of all students, including those from diverse and underrepresented groups.
- University Services
- We strive to model best practices in inclusion throughout all areas of the university.
- We strive to offer opportunities for continuous professional development to the entire campus community.
- We strive to enhance the development of a diverse student body, both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- We strive to provide structures, initiatives and programs for increased access and success for a diverse student body.
- We strive to strengthen our recruitment, retention and promotion practices that promote a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff community.