Unless otherwise stipulated below, students in College of Business majors must meet all graduation requirements of USFSM.
Accounting, Finance, General Business, Management, and Marketing Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 semester hours. Of the minimum 120, at least 60 hours must be business courses (except Aging Services Management and Business Technical Writing Concentrations), and a minimum of 54 hours must be non-business courses (i.e., all courses not normally offered in the College of Business). Additional electives may be required to reach a minimum of 120 hours and can be either business or non-business.
- Students must earn a grade of C or higher and a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all major and minor fields and College foundation courses.
- Students must be admitted to the College of Business at least one term before their anticipated graduation date.
- For a Bachelor of Arts degree, the COB does not accept American Sign Language for the Foreign Language Exit Requirement.
- For a Bachelor of Science degree, students can use two semesters of American Sign Language or two years (of the same foreign language) of successful completion of High School foreign language.
- College of Business residency requirements for graduation exceed the minimum requirements established for USF System Institutions. Students are required to complete satisfactorily at USFSM a minimum of 50 percent (30 semester hours depending on major) of required courses, including 12-18 semester hours in the major field (except Aging Services Management and Business Technical Writing Concentrations). Normally, independent study, research, and reading courses do not fulfill this requirement. The directed study, research, and reading courses require a professor’s permission and the dean’s approval.
- All business students are required to select at least one course that deals with contemporary international topics. This course can be included in the business, non-business, or elective category. Consult with a business advisor for approved courses.
- All courses in the major or minor field and all foundation coursework in business must be taken on a graded basis; the S/U option is not available.
Information Technology Graduation Requirements
- All transfer work will be reviewed by the advising office and the Dean.
- Students must earn at least a 2.00 overall GPA, USFSM GPA, and in the major to be certified for graduation.
- At least 50% of the major coursework must be completed at USFSM.
In addition, for B.S.I.T. majors, a grade of “D” will not be counted toward fulfilling the major requirements. Grades of “D” or “F” in the IT courses will be used in calculating the major GPA unless the course is retaken under the grade forgiveness policy. Course equivalencies need approval from the College Dean. Only grades of “C-“ and above in IT courses can be used to fulfill graduation requirements.