Students can find careers they will enjoy by following the steps to make an informed career decision. Job satisfaction is directly related to careers that match your interests, skills, values and personality. There is a five-step process:
- U-Inquire: Complete a Self Assessment.
- U-Investigate: Gather Occupational Data.
- U-Connect: Connect Majors to Careers.
- U-Interview: Explore Career Options.
- U-Decide: Make a Decision.
As you complete the steps, you are also welcome to use Rick Barron’s Guide to Managing Your Career. Career Services thanks Mr. Barron for his generosity in sharing this resource and for his permission to share it with USF students. Mr. Barron, MS, SPHR, CPC is a Career Strategist. He is currently the HR Administrator at Coca Cola Refreshments. His depth of experience includes the public and private sector including PGT, Sarasota County Government and GevityHR to name a few.