Calling all USFSM students and alumni!
Do you have a great story to tell about an experience you had at USFSM or want to tell others how our campus made a positive impact on your life?
USFSM is looking for blog post submissions to the brand new student-focused blog called the Bullhorn!
The Bullhorn aims to highlight personal experiences of students and alumni of USF Sarasota-Manatee. No matter what your major is or what your goals are, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For
Below are just a handful of topics and ideas we believe other current students, prospective students and alumni would also enjoy reading about:
- Study abroad trips
- Volunteering experiences
- Internship experiences
- What it’s like to work on campus
- Most influential class you’ve had at USFSM
- Most influential faculty/staff member you’ve met at USFSM
- Most eye-opening/impactful course assignment you’ve worked on
- What it’s like to prepare for graduation
- Insights and updates on research projects
- Tips and tricks to help other students succeed in college
- …and more!
Even if you have an idea that isn’t covered in this list, it may still be something we’re interested in publishing on the Bullhorn. Please contact us at 941-359-4267 to present a topic you have in mind prior to submitting. You can also take a look at some of the Bullhorn submission prompt ideas we’ve created to help get you inspired!
Blog post submissions should meet the following criteria to be considered for publication:
- Between 300-1000 words in length
- Written in first person (“I”) and/or tailored towards providing advice to other students (“you”)
- Document must be in a Word Doc (.doc or .docx) format
- Introduction and conclusion paragraphs
- Hyperlinks for any and all resources used when writing the post (such as links to a government website where you found a statistic)
- Includes the following information:
- First and last name
- Year of graduation (or expected graduation) from USFSM
- Program of study
- 2-3 sentence bio
- Portrait/headshot photo of yourself in .jpeg format (minimum size: 400 x 400 pixels)
Additionally, if your blog post relates to an experience that you have photos from (such as working in a lab, traveling abroad or volunteering with a local organization, etc.), we’d love to see those as well!
How to Submit
Blogs may be submitted online through our Bullhorn Submission Form. They will be accepted on a rolling basis, but may take several weeks to be published.
We look forward to hearing from you!