The Financial Aid office at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee (USFSM) is partnering with the Sarasota County school district to offer informational sessions regarding financial aid for students and parents at local high schools. “The workshops will cover such topics as federal and state financial aid programs; tips for filling out financial aid forms and the FAFSA application; and state and local scholarship opportunities, including the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program,” said Gabriela Vega, Assistant Director of Financial Aid at USFSM.
Information session dates, locations and times are as follows:
- Wednesday, Jan. 18 at Sarasota High School – 6:30pm
- Thursday, Jan. 19 at Suncoast Polytechnic – 6:30pm
- Thursday, Jan. 19 at Venice High School – 7:30pm
- Monday, Jan. 23 at Riverview High School – 6:30pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at Booker High School – 6:30pm
Students and their parents/guardians are encouraged to attend the session that is most convenient as each session will cover the same informational material. Questions about financial aid can be directed to the Financial Aid office at USFSM at 941-359-4701.