ELearning Services is pleased to announce three upcoming professional development sessions: Lecture Capture Captures Students (Panopto), Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR), and the Canvas Certification Course (C3).
Lecture Capture Captures Students will be offered on Wednesday, February 24th from 12 – 2 PM in room B240. Join us for this informational session on how to get started capturing your lectures with Panopto. Lecture capture with Panopto will allow students the opportunity to review difficult concepts, catch up on missed class material, and enhance their own learning experience.
The Canvas Certification Course (C3) will be offered as a 2-week online course from Monday, February 29th – Friday, March 11th. This Professional Development session will allow participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course will be able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import content via import tools and files uploads.
- Build activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
All of our Professional Development sessions are offered free-of-charge for faculty, adjunct instructors and staff of USFSM.
To register for one or all of these sessions, visit the Registration form and let us know which sessions you’re interested in attending or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at a Professional development session soon!