E-Learning Services is pleased to recognize the faculty and staff members who completed the Canvas Certification Course during the month of August.
This Professional Development Session allowed participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. The session was 2 weeks in length and was administered completely online. Congratulations to the following individuals for successful completion of this rigorous professional development course!
Dr. June Benowitz, Faculty: History
Dr. Galen Collins, Faculty: Hospitality Management
James Grant, Faculty: Public Speaking
Giti Javidi, Faculty: Information Technology
Kimberly Mones, Director, Student Engagement
Ryan Regal, Faculty: Finance
Dr. Stephen Rushton, Faculty: Education
Dr. Ehsan Sheybani, Faculty: Information Systems
Jessica Szempruch, Library Specialist
Allyson Walter, Faculty; Information Technology
Dr. Fawn Ngo, Faculty: Criminology
Dr. George Ackerman, Faculty: Arts and Sciences
Dr. Faizan Ali, Faculty: Hospitality Management
Dr. Feng Hao, Faculty: Arts and Sciences
Dr. Jennifer Mariano, Faculty: Education
Dr. Jay Michaels, Faculty: Psychology
Dr. J. Scott Perry, Faculty: History
Dr. Michelle Summers, Faculty: Education
Dr. Timothy Turner, Faculty: English
Dr. Ned Wilson, Faculty: College of Business
Register for an Upcoming Session
If you missed this session of the Canvas Certification Course, another session will be offered later this fall: December 5 – 16, 2016
Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course are able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import content via import tools and files uploads.
- Build activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
USF Sarasota-Manatee offers professional development opportunities to faculty and staff free of charge. Take a look at all of the Professional Development opportunities and sign up for one that is of interest to you!