E-Learning Services is pleased to recognize the faculty and staff members who completed the Canvas Certification Course during the month of January.
This Professional Development Session allowed participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. The session was 2 weeks in length and was administered completely online. Congratulations to the following individuals for successful completion of this rigorous professional development course!
Canvas Certification Course Completion
Bretton Varga, Faculty: Secondary Education
Allison Dinsmore, Coordinator of Disability Services & Student Advocacy
Adam Francis, Faculty: Information Technologies
Dr. Jane Roberts, Chair, Duvall Family Studies and Faculty: Social Work
If you missed this first session of the Canvas Certification Course, a second session will be offered just before Spring break: February 29 – March 11, 2016.
Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course will be able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import content via import tools and files uploads.
- Build activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
USF Sarasota-Manatee offers professional development opportunities to faculty and staff free of charge. Take a look at all of the Professional Development opportunities and sign up for one that is of interest to you!