Each semester E-Learning Services offers a number of Professional Development sessions for Faculty, Adjunct Instructors and Staff.
Canvas Certification Course (C3) Overview
One of the new sessions that we are offering this spring is a Canvas Certification Course (C3). This Professional Development session will allow participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. The session will be 2 weeks long and will be administered completely online. We will offer the session two times during the spring term.
The first session will begin next week: January 11 – 22, 2016.
The second session will be offered just before Spring break: February 29 – March 11, 2016.
Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course will be able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import course-related content via imports tools and files uploads.
- Build course-related activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
All of our Professional Development sessions are offered free-of-charge for faculty and staff of USFSM.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the Canvas Certification Course or take a look at other Professional Development opportunities available to you throughout the semester and let us know which ones you would like to attend! Professional Development