Title IX legislation and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) protect people from
sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive
federal financial assistance. Title IX applies to USF programs and activities, as
related both to education and employment. USF is committed to providing an environment
free from sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
The the below essential documents and forms detail USF policy, campus contacts and resources, and reporting/complaint procedures.
- USF System Policy 0-004: Sexual Misconduct/Sexual Harassment (Including
- Supporting Crime Victims: Resources for Sexual, Dating & Domestic Violence & Stalking (includes complaint process and campus contacts)
- Title IX Incident Report Form
- Access to Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (Clery Disclosures)
USFSM Campus Contact
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
8350 North Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243
The following documents provide supplemental information and victim/reporter resources, as well as general advice and guidance.
- The Importance of Consent
- Florida Sexual Battery and Rape Laws
- Warning Signs of an Abuser
- Preserving Evidence
- Bystander Intervention
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement Sexual Predator and Sexual Offender Registry
- Toll-Free Number: 1-888-357-7332
Additional and related information on policies and resources within the USF System are available at the University of South Florida Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity (DIEO).