Welcome to USFSM!
Your next four years are going to be filled with fun, friendship, challenges, knowledge
and success. You’ll gain the skills to make a difference in your area of studies and the
community, but you won’t have to do it alone. We’ll be here to help you every step of the way.
Attending an orientation in person is required for every incoming freshman – it’s too
important to miss! Orientation will provide you with a university tour and academic
information, as well as give you a chance to connect with fellow incoming students.
You will register for classes, learn about financial aid information specific to USF
Sarasota-Manatee, and get to know faculty and staff.
Summer Orientation Dates
*Registration for Summer ’18 Orientations will open March 19th
- Tuesday, April 17th, 2018: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Fall Orientation Dates
*Registration for all Fall 2018 Orientations will open May 1st
- Wednesday, June 13th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, June 28th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, July 10th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 25th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 9th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Orientation Part II: Wednesday, August 15th, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
New Freshman Student ChecklistMake sure to begin these steps as soon as possible after admission:Step 1: Obtain your NetID and make sure you can log in to your USF email account. You will need your U#. Be sure to start checking your USF email, regularly, to stay current with all communications being sent by the University.Step 2: Submit your Admissions Deposit by May 1.Step 3: Register for your Orientation Session by clicking on the link below:
- You will receive a receipt of registration at your email address within two business days of your registration submission.
- Make sure your home campus is USF Sarasota-Manatee. You must be a USF Sarasota-Manatee student to fulfill your Orientation requirement on the Sarasota-Manatee campus.
- Make sure you have been admitted for the upcoming term.
- If you need to update your campus or admissions term (term of entry), please fill out an Application Update Form and fax or email it to USF Sarasota-Manatee Admissions at 941-359-4236 or email@example.com.
Step 4: Submit the required immunization information.Step 5: Attend your Orientation. Give yourself about a half an hour prior to the start of your session to check in. Plan to spend the day on campus getting to know USFSM and meeting with your advisor in order to plan your first semester schedule.Step 6: Register for courses! You will register for your first semester courses towards the end of the Orientation. Advising and registration staff will be on hand to get to know you and help you through the registration process.Step 7: USFSM welcomes you to campus! If you are enrolling in the Fall, plan to attend the Freshman Welcome Event. All incoming Freshmen attend a full day of activities and fun before the start of the Fall term. It’s a great way to interact with classmates and to start your USFSM experience off right.Immunization RequirementsDon’t miss this! You will NOT be able to register for courses until you submit the required immunization information (Step 4 above),What to expect at Orientation Orientation is broken up into two parts:During Orientation Part One you will be given the opportunity to meet with USFSM staff members and learn about the academic opportunities USFSM has to offer. Come prepared to spend the day on campus – breakfast and lunch are provided. During this day you will be able to sit down and register for courses with the assistance of our amazing registration and advising staff.Guests are welcome during Orientation Part One, with a maximum 2 guests per student (guests are also an additional fee). We’ll have a separate program for parents and family members. Let us know how many guests (in addition to yourself) will be attending the Orientation session on the Orientation Registration form.
Orientation Part Two provides you the opportunity to learn about life outside of the classroom at USFSM where you can meet student organizations and current student leaders. This day is just for our new students to know about campus life while learning about each other! Come prepared to spend the day on campus. Breakfast and lunch are provided. Accommodation RequestsIf you are in need of accommodations for a disability, please contact Disability Services at (941) 359-4330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements. Requests must be made five working days in advance. Ready. Set. GO BULLS!