High school students are invited to join our part-time dual enrollment program. Courses at USFSM allow students to experience university life in a rigorous yet personal atmosphere while preparing them for success in college. These courses also go toward both the high school diploma and the bachelor’s degree requirements.
- Spring Semester 2018 Deadline – December 15, 2017
- Spring Semester 2018 Begins – January 8, 2018
- Fall Semester 2018 Deadline – May 18, 2018
- Fall Semester 2018 Begins – August 20, 2018
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid by email or by phone at (941) 359-4331.
Complete a dual enrollment form and turn it in to the designated high school official for processing. You will need to turn in the completed & signed form to the USFSM dual enrollment coordinator.
Step 3: Submit an application
Step 4: Submit test scores
Students are required to submit proof of the following test scores:
- a minimum score of 530 on SAT Critical Reading and 560 on SAT Math, or
- a minimum score of 21 on ACT English, 21 on ACT Reading, and 21 on ACT Mathematics, or
- a minimum score of 106 on PERT Reading, and 103 on PERT Writing, and 123 on PERT Math.
Students who meet the test score requirements with the exception of the Math score can still enroll in subjects other than math and science courses. Test scores can be submitted to USFSM via mail, scanned, or delivered by hand.
Step 5: Meet with the dual enrollment coordinator
Setup an appointment with the USFSM dual enrollment coordinator Tuesday – Thursday from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. or by appointment. Set a meeting time by contacting the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid by email or by phone at (941) 359-4331.
Step 6: Retrieve class materials
Dual enrollment students will be given a voucher to purchase the texts selected by the instructor. This voucher will be accepted by USFSM’s Bookstore for purchases of textbooks or other instructional material deemed necessary for the course(s).
View our frequently asked questions about dual enrollment here.